The Chapel of St. Second the martyr

During the plague of 1630, the city made a vow to build a chapel for St. Second, martyr of the Theban legion and co-patron saint of Turin. Stucco and paintings were made in the mid-seventeenth century by Casella, artist form Lugano. In the small central altarpiece St. Second is portrayed on a pedestal with the coat of arms of the City of Turin. Beside the chapel is the tomb of Luigi Fransoni, archbishop of Turin from 1832 to 1862.

© 2024 Duomo di Torino. All Rights Reserved

Attenzione - Browser non aggiornato

Per vedere il sito correttamente aggiorna il tuo bwroser. Aggiorna il mio browser